Monday, November 30, 2009

My Favorite Poem

"one month vietnam."
I went through my own Vietnam
a secret Vietnam
and the effects
still bruise me visibly
still cause my hand to shake
visibly
with her every incidental cry,I flinch,
flinch so horribly inside
and I feel it all over again.
thecryingwhythecrying?neverawhyforthecryingjustthecrying
I remember the oily grip on my sanity
the slip and slide in my fingersI
remember the despair,the woman's fear
that maybe something bestial-I-broken-be
that maybe,I don't love my child (deep breath, I do)
And though things are better now,
even good now,
when she tosses in the crib at night
when she calls out, so innocently, so sincerely,
I close my eyes,
and I see minefields.


This is a poem by one of my old friend's, Sarah Pearlman. Though I'm not sure of her feelings or meaning behind it, I can relate to it very well. She is an amazing writer and poet! She has many many great pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment