Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Interview with an artist...

I interviewed my high school art teacher, Cathy Amos. She isn't well known rather than locally. She retired from teaching in 2008. She still does art in her home. She is an alumni of UWG.

When did you first begin doing art?
I started drawing as a child as all children do and never stopped. I always thought teaching would be fun so it seemed natural to combine the two. Teaching high school art was a dream job.

What inspires you?
Nature inspires me especially elements of geology, and the earth.

Are you working on any art?
Currently, I am working on a series of oil paintings that employ pit fired ceramics using images that relate to ancient ideas about the earth, archeology, geology, etc.

What type of art interests you?
All art from the past is of interest to me. I am a docent at the M. C. Carlos Museum and our ancient collections are also inspirational.

Who is/are your favorite artist(s)?
My favorite contemporary artists are Chuck Close, Maya Lin, Andy Goldsworthy, and Anslem Kiefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment